Imagine Laserworks North Richland Hills – Treatments for Insomnia
Laser Therapy treats Insomnia and Sleeping Disorders by going to the root of the problem.
Insomnia may be one of the most common afflictions in North America.
Estimates run as high as 60% of the population suffering from it in at various times. In many cases, there is a very close connection between insomnia and anxiety.
There is some confusion when the two conditions coexist as to their causal relationship. It is most likely the case that the two feed off of each other in a back and forth manner.
Anxiety leads to insomnia, and the lack of proper rest heightens anxiety.
Many Doctors are almost reluctantly beginning to do clinical studies into the effectiveness of acupuncture for the treating anxiety insomnia.
One of the reasons for this is that just about the only treatment form available to them is chemicals that we know under the general term, “sleeping pills.”
These chemicals are noted for their detrimental side effects and their potential for abuse.
It is a typical approach of Western Medicine to a little understood condition.
The Western Medical Profession cannot easily accept the Traditional Chinese Medicine explanation of acupuncture’s success rate.
The theory that a form of vital energy known as qi flows through 20 channels or Meridians inside the body cannot be demonstrated during a dissection. Since they cannot see these channels, or isolate the substance, the classical theories are seen as similar to trying to explain the location and function of the human soul.
It is seen as something that belongs in the spiritual realm and not the scientific arena.
Even when reviewing acupuncture anxiety insomnia clinical studies done in China and sometimes even those done in Europe, the common criticism is the failure to monitor the various physical and chemical reactions that are thought in the West to be related to the disorder.
Since the acupuncture practitioner usually has no problem explaining or understanding the actual process behind the treatment, they do not usually take the time to measure factors that in their view have little or nothing to do with what is happening.
What they do measure is results.
It is in the areas of pain management, stress, anxiety and Insomnia relief that acupuncture has won over the most converts in the West.
The people who are being restored to a much healthier condition and being relieved of the harmful impact of anxiety would rarely care just exactly how something works.
They did not really get too involved in just what chemical reaction took place when they took a sleeping pill either.
They were just happy to get a good night sleep.
How Can Laser Acupuncture Help Insomnia?
Let’s first look at the possible types of insomnia treated by acupuncture, and understand why they occur. Knowing what type of insomnia you are experiencing can help your Acupuncturist provide the most effective treatment for you.
- I have difficultly falling asleep: The Yang Qi cannot enter the Yin areas of the body leading to insomnia.
- I wake up often during the night: Internal heat is stuck in the body causing insomnia.
- I wake up early and can’t go back to sleep: Poor lifestyle may have damaged your Kidney Yin energy. Heat from Kidney Deficiency is rising up causing insomnia.
- I have excessive dreaming during sleep: The brain doesn’t quiet down and it is difficult to relax due to Liver deficiency Heat or Heart Fire causing insomnia.
- I can’t sleep at all: Not enough Blood due to either Spleen or Liver deficiency causing insomnia.
When you receive a laser acupuncture treatment, your nervous system begins to calm down. The laser is doing deep work by unraveling your subconscious stresses, balancing your Qi, and releasing the causes of your insomnia. You may even fall asleep on the treatment table.
You should sleep the best the first night after a laser acupuncture treatment; however, several days later symptoms of your insomnia may start to return. This is in indication that you should receive your laser treatment for insomnia more frequently.
It usually takes several laser treatments per week, for several weeks to fully resolve chronic insomnia.
Helpful Tips for Good Sleep
As evening comes, the day transitions from Yang to Yin; you too should adjust your behavior to improve your sleep and prevent insomnia. Try these helpful home remedy tips to assist your laser acupuncture insomnia treatment:
- Quiet the Mind: breathing exercises, meditation, and other forms of relaxation help your insomnia.
- Diet: avoid spicy food, meats, large meals, alcohol, and caffeine near bedtime as these all create internal heat in your body. Try calming herbal teas. Eating Gou Qi Zi (wolf berries) at night can also help insomnia.
- Exercise: vigorous exercise is best in the morning, not at night. Stick to relaxing stretches in the evening that unravel your stress avoiding insomnia.
- Work: mental work is best completed during the day. Excessive thinking at night can over-stimulate your mind causing insomnia.
- Warm Food Bath: soaking your feet in warm water at night will assist in bringing you Yang Qi down to the Yin areas of your body preventing insomnia.
Cure Your Insomnia!
Insomnia is one of the top reasons people seek laser acupuncture. Often, patients come to us reporting insomnia because they are disconnected from other emotional issues they are facing. These repressed emotions can often surface as insomnia, anxiety, or mild depression. As the stresses of modern life take their toll, our minds can no longer relax and our sleep becomes disturbed.
Insomnia is a frequent complaint in the the laser acupuncture business. Chronic insomnia is defined as no restorative sleep for at least three nights a week for one month or longer. Sleep can be disturbed by a number of reasons, such as stress, anxiety, medications and physical conditions. Western medicine has very little to offer patients in the way of relief. Antidepressant medications can help, but for people who are hesitant about living on drugs, then acupuncture is the way to go. Laser Acupuncture has an extremely calming effect on the nervous system, and over time, it can help to correct the imbalances causing insomnia without creating side effects.